Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ungrateful


the view from my balcony
You ever have one of those moments where you literally want to smack yourself in the face? Well I had another epiphany. I can be very ungrateful. I forget, all too often, that I am blessed. There is so much to be thankful for. I was perusing my favorite spots online adding things I don't need to my mile long wishlist when I thought, "When was the last time I gave thanks for all the things that I have?"
It had been a while. Sometimes I get angry with God, and he has to remind me that I can be such a spoiled brat. "Remember that time when I...?" He says.

And that time He's referring to, was yesterday. Or this morning when I woke up. Because waking up is a blessing that we don't all get to experience. We mustn't take these things for granted. And instead of focusing on me-me-me and all the things I want, I should be spending my days asking God how I can live today, for him. He's done enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment